Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stupid work.

I hate going into working expecting a slow night and being extremely busy. Or even expecting a busy night and being dead slow. That sucks, too. Today was one of those "gee, I hope we're slow so I can read my book!" nights, that ended up being busy as hell. I made $50, so that was nice.. but I feel like I should of made more. We had a 37 top of a group of barbara shop quartet guys/gals (wives I'm guessing?) come in around 7, and they were there until about 10:30, which left a lot of cleaning up to do. /endrant

Back to my point: Me and my manager got into a little disagreement at the beginning of my shift. Apparently someone pointed out to her that I do not feel it is my job to be a dishwasher when they do not schedule one, because I am the buser; and how if infact I am told to dishwash, I should be paid minimum wage. She said as a buser it is my job to also dishwash, which makes no sense.. and no one told me this. My job is to bus, I do not mind helping out with dishes if we're busy, but to do two jobs at once and only get paid what I make for doing one is ludicrous to me. I wonder what the labor board would have to say about that. Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment