So as previously mentioned, Max and I went to a Slipknot/Coheed and Cambria/Trivium show in Baltimore last night. It was AMAZING!! We went general admission, meaning we were down on the ground near the band, and the venue held probably 10,000 people (there are a lot of seats there, too). Definitely the best show I've ever seen, and I've been to a fair amount. I did however, come home extremely sore with a few bruises. You get "pushed around" a lot at rock shows.. and this one was no exception. Probably the most brutal one I've been to.
Trivium was good, but I only knew two of the songs they played (they only had a half hour set, though.) They were the first band on and the second they began playing their first song everyone went off the wall. Max and I were stuck next to this extremely EXTREMELY drunk girl in the beginning who was flailing everyone and screaming to her date that she wanted to get up to the front. He kept telling her she'd never be able to get through the crowd but she kept trying. Later on, I saw her crowd surfing and she got hit in the head. Then by the end of the show we saw her humping a different guy. I overheard several people ask one another "Are they trying to dance or having sex?" ...Weirdos.
Coheed and Cambria was up next, and they were excellent. I knew all but 2 or 3 of their songs, which I ended up enjoying regardless. They didn't interact much with the crowd, but they put on a great performance.
And last, but not least, was Slipknot.. after waiting 45 minutes in between Coheed and Slipknot (you could tell why we waited so long after the curtain came up and you saw their stage.. holy crap). They were amazing, and so much fun. I can't even begin to describe how much fun I had listening to them. Before they came on, I was completely beat. I was so tired and my legs felt like jello, but the second SlipKnot started playing I got a huge adrenaline boost and was fine. Their drummer is AMAZING, and had 2 or 3 different drum sets set up for him and he'd jump from set to set. One of his drum sets lifted in the air and did a flip while he was playing it... SOOO SICK!! Their synth player had a revolving stand he was on with a screen in front that showed us what we looked like. One of the other people in the band would randomly jump onto the thing the synth was sitting on while it was twirling up and down. They also had a giant baseball bat they'd hit a tin can with to make noises in some of their songs. AND at one point we all had to kneel down on the ground (general admission) and when Corey said jump up, the whole crowd had to jump up. It was amazing, and so much fun, even if I did get thrown around a lot and got a few elbows to the ribcage and people pulling my air and kicked in the face and things of the sort! You learn to get used to that after going to a lot of rock concerts. It was even better because over time SlipKnot's become one of my favorite bands.
The show ended around 11, and Max ended up catching a drum stick (how awesome!). The second we got into the car I had a delirious moment of nonstop laughter for no reason and knew I would be sleeping the entire ride home.. which I did. I felt bad for leaving Max but he said he didn't mind, and before we knew it we were home at 2 AM.
I didn't end up waking up today until around 1 PM today, sleeping through my alarm to wake up at 9 AM and seven text messages when my phone was vibrating right under my head >.<. But being Valentines day, I got to spend the day with my wonderful boyfriend. We both ended up making each other heart shaped cookies (Hey.. it's a good idea..) and we went out to dinner at Chili's. We were going to go to Red Lobster but EVERYTHING was packed, and we had left at 4:20 to go out. Chili's only had a 15 min wait though and we both enjoy that restaurant.
All in all, good weekend so far!


No comments:
Post a Comment