Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Holocaust trip?

So my AP Euro field trip to the Holocaust museum was quite an experience, to say the least.
We had charter buses which you think would make the ride up more enjoyable, but I ended up getting sick (which I never get car sick *anymore*) due to an overly loud ear-piercing movie playing, the bus driver failing at driving, me snoozing, and other things. The movie they had playing was so loud it gave me an enormous headache, and 80% of us yelled the entire time at the people controlling the movie. It was awful. I did, however, get to sit with my friend Laura who is always entertaining.

So we get there and have from about 10:30 to 12:30 to look at 20 hours worth of information! I wanted to get to every exhibit and room so Laura and I kinda power walked, but would definitely stop for each exhibit and observe. I did cry, it was very, very sad. There was one exhibit which was a walk through through a Jewish kid named Daniel's life. You got to walk into "his house" before the Nazis came into power, during, and when they got sent to the ghetto. It was so, so upsetting, and petrifying to realize what human beings are capable of. I mean, I've always known, but it shows it in a whole new perspective. At the end of Daniel's exhibit there were little notes children between the ages of like 8-12 wrote to Daniel saying how brave he was, and how they could never be that brave.. and how he will forever be their friend and how sorry they feel for him. Ugh, it sucked. =(
After, however, we got to go to the Annapolis mall, which was enjoyable. I love it there. We ate and browsed around and such, and next thing we knew we were on our way back home. I forced myself to stay awake because falling asleep on the way up was a factor in my upset stomach.
Got back to Bennett around 4:30 and went straight to work, which could of potentially been good but I didn't get crap for tips. We had a fair amount of business for a monday but my pocket did not show such. -_-
Now I'm off to school.. then I'll be going to the barn to freeze my toes off!

No comments:

Post a Comment