Sunday, March 22, 2009

Can't think of a title

Been very busy lately. I think I was maybe home for a total of 6 hours this weekend.

On Friday Jared, Taylor, Kristen, Tyler, a buncha other people and I went to see Last House on the Left. It was creepy as hell. There was an extremely long, drawn out rape scene that screwed with my head. But I was happy because *SPOILER* all the bad guys, and the guy who did the raping, got brutally killed by the end of the movie, and all the good guys lived. I left with a smile.

Saturday I hung out with Taylor and her sister Megan. We went to OC for a bangin' breakfast at Satellite Grill, even if it took probably an hour to get our food out to us. It really makes the food taste better when you have to wait longer. After that we went to Chaunceys in OC and Marshals. I got two shirts at Marshals for 30 bucks, zing!
Later that night I went out to dinner at Applebees, and it was actually busy.. which is ironic, because earlier on that same day, Megan and I pointed out how Applebees never does much in means of business. I got pasta with alfredo sauce and shrimp.. yumyum. Then after that I went to a friends house for a bonfire.

Today, after leaving my friends place, I went to my riding lesson, and we're really starting to make good progress with Callie. When I first got on she was doing well, so of course we decide to push the envelope further, because that's how you progress, right? Well Jen got on her briefly, and Jen is much stronger and bigger than I am. Callie wasn't too fond of this plan. She pranced, pinned her ears, tried to nip Jen's toes.. but this is all normal for Callie. Callie hates trying new things, and plays dumb to get out of them. This is her biggest flaw, and is the main reason we never make huge progress during shows.
But after Jen got on, I got back on and we had an idea to try out. We put Callie on the lounge line while I was still on her, and put side reins on her. Side reins are a stimulation for my hands, and put contact on her mouth to ask her to bring her head down. Callie is good at stretching and reaching her head down, but when she does, she shortens up her stride. What we want is her to stretch her head down, and her legs out. With me on her, I could encourage her to move out while the side reins encouraged her to bring her head down. She did wonderfully, and was very tired afterwards.

Came home tonight and watched 24 with the family, which I'm starting to get into. I watched the "24 Redemption" movie with them, and although it broke my heart, I enjoyed it. I'm now starting the most recent season with them. Joey, mom and dad have watched all other 6 together, and they made it a ritual to watch while I worked, so I never really had the chance to get into it. It's a pretty good show so far!

And now, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow, Mom and I are off to Annie's restaurant in Kent Island to get her crab soup. I promised I'd take her there for her bday which was in February, but we're just now getting around to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment