
Yesterday evening, my close friend Ashley's horse Solo had to be put down due to colic. There are several types of ways a horse can colic, and I'm not sure what happened exactly. But when horses generally have colic, they lay down and do not get back up, and they experience extreme abdominal pain.
Ashley has had Solo for many years, and we both kept (keep) our horses at Jen's farm in Tyaskin. When I first had Callie at Jen's, Ashley brought Solo down maybe two months after I did. We immediately clicked, Ashley and I, as well as Callie and Solo. Both of our horses were high strung, and loved to do nothing but run and be spastic. We would trail ride together, and do speed games together. Ashley often drove me down to the barn and we'd ride together all the time. I got to ride Solo a few times, which is a pretty big deal, considering he's very, very high strung. Ashley let very few people ride him. He meant a lot to her, and he had a special place in my heart. He was, after all, Callie's boyfriend. I often referred to him as my "son-in-law". I've known Solo for a very long time, and he means a lot to me, as does Ashley.
He was a very special, and lucky horse. He will be missed forever.

Please tell Ashley how sorry I am for her loss, and yours too sweetie.
ReplyDelete