Thursday, June 4, 2009

I guess I'll update now. D:

WELL. Honestly not only have I been too lazy to update but not  much has been going on. Oh wait, that's a lie. Let me talk about my event this weekend

Saturday I cleaned the inside of my car, which Dad has been bugging me to do for a while, and then went off to the barn. I decided to jump with Callie that day, and she actually only refused ONCE. I was so happy. (For those of you unaware: Callie had a week or two where she decided jumping was no longer cool/fun and she wanted to refused everything I pointed her at, over and over again..) We even took her out front to the scarier jumps which she hasn't jumped in months. She looked at all of them strangely, but went over all of them! After riding, it was time to bathe the beast. Washing any horse with excessive amount of white is probably more strenuous than washing a car. Cleaning Callie's butt is an entire job in itself.. so dirty. 

Later on Jen ended up using like an entire handful of soap on each of Callie's legs and they were spotless white which has never happened before because I never use that much soap, haha. Guess I'll have to start!

After much preparing all evening (filling water buckets cleaning water buckets putting tack inside the trailer feeding all the horses washing another horse putting the horses out taking the horses back in BLAHBAKSDJFHSADKJFHETC) we finally went inside and put our saddle pads in the wash, and ate dinner. It's practically tradition for Jen to make spaghetti (sketti as we like to call it) when I'm over there to spend the night before a show. It's always so good, too... yum. 

Tried to go to bed early, didn't end up finishing stuff until midnight. Woke up at 4:30, going off of like, two hours of sleep! Loaded Callie and Gulliver and set off to Olde Hope Farms, which is where the particular event we were going to was being held (we normally attend these events, and only sometimes do we go elsewhere). On our way there it was raining the entire time, which was SOOO agitating. We thought it was going to be cancelled, but by the time 9 AM rolled around so did the blue skies. We got there around 8-ish and set off to get our pennys and walk our cross country. Walking cross country is always helpful, but since the ground was wet, and I was wearing my old ragged uggs, it was very sloppy. My entire inside of my boots were SOAKING wet, and my white socks had turned completely black! Nico's feet turned orange because he wore flip-flops that, apparently, turn his feet orange...

Got back to the trailer and sat around only for a few minutes, I lounged Callie and she was decent considering we were away from home and there were more interesting things going on than paying attention to mom. I got dressed, and got on her, and starting warming up for dressage. Everyone began to show up at that point (Jared, his mom, his dad, my mom, dad and brother, and my mom brought Wanda!). Callie was very good throughout warm-up, I was very excited. Went over and watched Nico do his dressage before, and he did well. As we said, his goods were good and his bads were bad. I was up about four people after Nick (Nico, Nicholas.. it's interchangeable, I switch around a lot -_-) and Callie did AMAZING, for Callie, at least. I cried, because I'm a baby. Jen cried too, because it's a big deal for us. Haha.
I ended up getting a 37.37 which was okay. I was aiming for more of a 35 (Lower the better in eventing). The judge I had though really shouldn't be judging!

After dressage we went back to the trailer and I got changed and got Callie changed to get ready for cross country/stadium. I was a complete nervous wreck on the inside before both, just because Callie's been refusing lately. Other then that, I would've been fine. Stadium was first, and Callie refused the first jump. But instead of getting excited, I took a deep breath and pointed her at it again, she went over without a problem. She went over the next 5 without a problem, YAY! Same goes for cross country, she jumped everything without hesitation. So aside from her first refusal, her jumping was a success. 
Ended up in fourth place overall, Nick got third. I was pretty happy with it, I normally wind up around sixth-ish. Only getting better!
Jared's dad got some pretty sweet pictures of me jumping/doing dressage here. I know Jen got pictures, but she takes a long time to post them.


All this week I've just been getting ready for my epic GRADUATION PARTAYYYYY on Saturday!
I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment