Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Sims 3

Last week my friend who I haven't hung out with in AGES and I went to a movie and had a sleepover. We used to do this every single weekend, for a year or possibly longer. Sleepovers, World of Warcraft, go see movies, and order pizza online... it sounds dull, but we really can turn anything into a good time. It's nonstop laughs when I'm with her (Marisa, for the record. most of you know her as Mish). When we got to her house I saw she got Sims 3 which just had come out like a week before then. She somehow managed to find a download where she could play without a disk, and gave me the disk so I could play.

My graphics card on my Macbook was not up to par for the graphics The Sims 3 requires, so my characters turned out to be black shadows, and the floor tiles would randomly glitch and glow. After much frustration, I just decided to put it on our PC desktop. It runs clean as a whistle, and I'm having a blast with it. It's only a bit different than The Sims 2, you get more customization with the Sims, and everything is basically more detailed (your jobs, your work ethic, school, etc).  Another difference being time will move on without you. Your Sims will age even when you're not playing.
I seriously lose track of time when playing. I think I played for 4 hours straight today or something absurd. I just got off the game like 20 minutes ago, so around 12:45. I planned to get off at midnight. It reminds me of when I first started playing WoW, except WoW requires you to keep track of time in a sense.

I hope this doesn't become another game drug. It's amazing, though. EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY. or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment